|| siteGuardian Privacy Seal|
The Privacy Seal is awarded to sites who demonstrate a willingness to adhere to the principles outlined below:
siteGuardian approves websites who comply with the Platform for Privacy Preferences (P3P) as outlined by the World Wide Web Consortium.
- Data Security - Personal information must be collected and stored in a secure manner that protects the customer from ordinary hacker attacks.
- No-Spam Policy - Member organizations have pledged not to provide your email address to any third-party source without first obtaining your permission.
- Secure Server - Online purchases are conducted on a secure server and a protection policy against stolen cards or card numbers is in-effect.
How does this Help You?
Websites that display our logos & seal must disclose their methods of data collection and privacy practices in an easy-to-find, straight forward statement. This will usually be found as a link, either textual or graphic.
Our seal should be visible near the top of the Privacy page. Authentication is instantly available by clicking on the seal. Authenticated sites provide the following details about your privacy:
- What information they collect about you
- How the information will be used
- Who else may see your information
- How long your information will be retained
- Ability for you to update or remove personal information
- Security policies that protects your information from misuse
- Assurances that your email address will not be disclosed to any third party
What we do..
Customers play a very important role in defending against privacy intrusion. We encourage you to file complaints should a member site violate their agreement.
- Site Review - Every applicant must have their site thoroughly reviewed before they are awarded our Privacy Seal. Sites are periodically visited afterward to monitor any possible changes in privacy practices.
- Independent Audit - Sites are randomly audited by third-party consultants who provide personal information, then track its usage.
- Consumer Reporting - Any person may lodge a complaint about a member site. If they are found in violation we will work with the customer to assist in a fair resolution.
When a legitimate complaint has been filed, we will work on your behalf to resolve the issue. Some possible remedies may include: immediate resolution of your complaint, monetary damages payable to affected individual(s), public posting of privacy violations, revocation of license, or referral to state and federal authorities.
Together we can make the Internet a safer by protecting your privacy.